• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why isnt the n1 capacative?

LABRAT

Oct 28, 2009
Burnley UK
i love my hero i really do.. but like everyone else im allways on the lookout for the next big thing (or is that just me :0) )

the nexus one seems to tick so many boxes... why the hell did they cripple it with a resistive touch screen?

wouldnt a hero with a snapdragon and 2.1 have been better?

i read it was resistive

I'm usng my N1 right now and, as somebody who's used both resistive (HTC Touch, LG Dare) and capacitive screens (T-Mob G1, iPhone, iPod Touch, Nexus One) I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that the N1's screen is capacitive.

It's as accurate as my iPod Touch and feels just as great. The only thing missing is the multi-touch which is a bummer, but not a deal breaker. I rarely use it on my iPod Touch and I rarely miss it on my Android phones (G1, N1).

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Infractions have been issued to those need be. Please refrain from being disrespectful...

Thank you

Carl

There is no excuse for being disrespectful but sometimes it's just the way that people word their questions. The question may have been better presented as "Does the N1 have a capacitive screen?". In the body the OP could have elaborated in the body, "I heard that the N1 screen is resistive, is this true?".
I think sometimes people have difficulty communicating what they're trying to get across. Don't be too harsh on the OP, I just think people are a bit sensitive about any slurs on their new baby.
Don't take it to heart everyone, I didn't!!

Upvote 0
There is no excuse for being disrespectful but sometimes it's just the way that people word their questions. The question may have been better presented as "Does the N1 have a capacitive screen?". In the body the OP could have elaborated in the body, "I heard that the N1 screen is resistive, is this true?".
I think sometimes people have difficulty communicating what they're trying to get across. Don't be too harsh on the OP, I just think people are a bit sensitive about any slurs on their new baby.
Don't take it to heart everyone, I didn't!!

Hi Markouk,

Theirs nothing wrong with the OP's question or post at all :) & Androidforums promotes and respects peoples opinions. Thats what forums are all about!

I simply wrote that as Someone had called another member an offensive term being disrespectful. everything else was fine ;)

Carl

Upvote 0
Hi Markouk,

Theirs nothing wrong with the OP's question or post at all :) & Androidforums promotes and respects peoples opinions. Thats what forums are all about!

I simply wrote that as Someone had called another member an offensive term being disrespectful. everything else was fine ;)

Carl
Yeah, I noticed that. No need for naughty words. Let's all kiss and make up! **Where are the lovey smilies**
That is a bad sign on any forum! Seriously, maybe worth looking into someone!

Upvote 0
i can't go an where without hearing people whine about the IPHONE not having multi touch. i mean N1.

get it? it not an apple its a HTC/google phone and multi-touch is available through 3rd party apps. I've been using dolphin and have used pinch zoom without problem.

and other apps too that have it programed into their apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones