• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why I've got only Samsung keyboard in my i7500?

jthreads

Nov 20, 2009
London UK
Hello guys,
I've been noticing while looking at other i7500 reviews that my keyboard layout is completely different than all the other i7500, whether in landscape or portrait mode I don't have the caps lock key, instead i have a T9 :eek: and the printed orange colour keys is what I hate most :mad:
Pls look at this pix, and tell me what can be wrong with this keyboard.
In my settings these are the steps:
Settings>Locale & text >Samsung keyboard, that's all I have, no other Keyboard available, am I missing something or what?

FV 1.5
Baseband V I7500XXII4

Thanks
JT

Attachments

• Photo on 2009-11-28 at 02.38 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-28 at 02.38 #2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Photo on 2009-11-28 at 02.38 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-28 at 02.38 #3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80
You have the O2 branded firmware which has the samsung keyboard. You can either install the HTC keyboard (its better but a bit laggy), install touchpal or another keyboard from the market, OR update to the II5 generic firmware using odin

Having the I7500XXII4 :eek: (original O2 Firmware) in my device, which one you'd suggest to go for the I7500XXIH8 or I7500XXII5?
One more question, if I go for either of those updates, will I be able to update the i7500 once Samsung release officially an update using NPS?

Thanks ;)

Upvote 0
Having the I7500XXII4 :eek: (original O2 Firmware) in my device, which one you'd suggest to go for the I7500XXIH8 or I7500XXII5?
One more question, if I go for either of those updates, will I be able to update the i7500 once Samsung release officially an update using NPS?

Thanks ;)

id got for ii5 but use jzip to delete the cache.img from the tar so it doesnt put german settings on there

if you ever need to update to an official o2 csc then you can flash back to ii4 using odin so then nps sees the rom as official
the files can be obtained from the stickies
personally though if you are staying on a standard rom then stay with ii4 and get a 3rd party kb like touch pal or better keyboard
ii4 is an ok rom

Upvote 0
id got for ii5 but use jzip to delete the cache.img from the tar so it doesnt put german settings on there

if you ever need to update to an official o2 csc then you can flash back to ii4 using odin so then nps sees the rom as official
the files can be obtained from the stickies
personally though if you are staying on a standard rom then stay with ii4 and get a 3rd party kb like touch pal or better keyboard
ii4 is an ok rom

Great, that's what I'll do, I'll install a 3rd party keyb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones