Why might this issue with UPDATES happen?

Last Updated:

1. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I decided to try and update my Profiles and PRL today. I went to update then, and they didn't do anything, it just sat there with the green circle and said "Device is preparing your services for you. Please wait" and nothing ever happened. I ended up just hitting the home button and said forget it. I left work and checked my spare parts and I noticed that "com.smithmicro.dm" was at the top of the list, and above Android system and HTC Sense for partial wake usage, which I figured out was the process HTC uses for OTA updates. So I tried them again to no avail. I powered down the phone, rebooted and tried the Profile update first and it worked. Went to the PRL update and nothing... again it just sat there for way longer than normal and never updated. Just for the hell of it, I tried the Firmware update (yeah, I know, there is nothing there, but I did it anyways) and it sat there and did not, just showed the green circle and said "Device is preparing your services for you. Please wait".

Any ideas why this would happen?

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

do you have mobile network turned on, with service?

You can check your PRL in Menu>Settings>About phone>Status, and scroll down to PRL. I believe the most recent one is 60660.

3. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes my mobile network was turned on, and I had decent coverage. My PRL is the same as yours, so I guess there is no reason for me to try it again then. Once I rebooted again, ""com.smithmicro.dm" wasn't at the top of my partial wake usage, so I have noting to worry about.

4. ghost203

ghost203 Member

Make sure your WiFi is turn off, sometimes when your phone is already updated it wouldn't do anything, it already have the latest version.

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Was in the middle of composing a text message in Handcent this morning, and messge popped up for an automatic PRL update. after update it still shows 60660. ???