Why Night Shooting Sucks?Support

Last Updated:

1. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Active Member

At night i often get bad quality when shooting. No matter what resolution. However with flash quality gets better. Without flash you can see distorted picture.

See this album

Upper picture is with flash and below picture is without flash.

Is this with all Android based devices or with iPhone too?

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

By bad quality I assume you're talking about the grainy texture of the image, right?

Unfortunately that's something you have to think about with any camera. It's caused by the phone increasing it's sensitivity to light to compensate for the dark conditions.

Try playing around with the 'ISO' (sensitivity to light) setting rather than leaving it on auto, you might be able to find a better compromise.
  3. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Active Member

Thanks Xyro.

Do you think this lens will work with HTC Desire S?
  4. notebook

notebook Well-Known Member

No idea about that one. But there are similar lenses that claim they can be attached to the Desire S.
  5. Xyro

Assuming your phone has a 13mm lens on it then I don't see why not. I can't say I've ever used one of those attachments however.
  6. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Active Member

Where would i find such technical information?
  7. Xyro

I had a quick look on google but couldn't find anything. Might just be easier to measure your phone :)
  8. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Active Member

When they said 13mm lens, they had in mind metal ring included too? How is lens measured on HTC Desire S correctly? With metal ring or without?