1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Why no big players?

Last Updated:

1. williap

williap Member This Topic's Starter

Seeing that Android is now selling more then Iphone in some regions, why haven't we had any real big players like Tesco, Argos, Amazon release apps yet?

I know Amazon is releasing a marketplace but can we really expect to see a massive improvement over the coming months?

My birthday is coming up soon and after currently owning a Desire, I'm now thinking of getting the IPhone 4 as this seems to be getting all the major apps at the moment.

Should I wait or jump?

Advertisement
  2. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member

I think the main reason is Android is really only gaining ground as of this year so now these companies are starting to take notice. I think within the next few months you'll be seeing a ton of companies releasing Android versions of all of their software. This has actually been seen a lot as of late. Many software companies and developers have put up wanted ads for people experienced with Android.
    I personally wouldn't get the iPhone but that's just me. Get whatever fits your needs and not what someone on a forum talks you into doing. At the end of the day you're the one that owns the phone, not anyone else.