Why no "Camcorder" Shortcut?General

Last Updated:

1. ThaiM

ThaiM Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    twospirits likes this.
  2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's because all you have to do is slide it over from photo to video, but I do see how it would be easier to have two icons.
  3. ThaiM

ThaiM Well-Known Member

There's been so many times where I end up taking photos instead of a video - in the moment when you're rushing. I think it's a basic fundamental option that should be standard. But I guess Google doesn't think so.
  4. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

I think most phones only have the Camera icon. All the androids/iPhones I've owned are the same.
  5. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet yours is a use case that ended up in the minority. That's how development typically goes (i.e., must have, nice to have, optional functionality).

That's the beauty of open source though, someone will see folks clamoring for this specific function and create an app for it. But honestly, it doesn't take all that long to switch camera modes.
  6. ThaiM

ThaiM Well-Known Member

I'm using the Camcorder shortcut from Play, so it does what I need it to do. Yes gotta love open source!

Switching from Camera to Video is very quick, yes. But when you end up taking a photo by mistake and then having to switch to video - that takes more time. I've also taken videos when meaning to take a still shot too. I'm sure one of those scenerios has happened to probably everyone.