1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Why no drop down / pull down box

1. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Why no drop down / pull down box at the bottom of the forum pages like every other site on the planet to quickly move to a new section???

annoying to have to go all the way back to the top to find a section you want.

has to be a waste of server resources making it take 1-2 extra loads to find where you want to go.

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

I usually leave the home page open and use CTRL-click to open pages in a new tab. I know this isn't directly answering your question, but it helps me move around the site pretty quickly. Especially when I am getting info from multiple places.
  3. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

There you go, re-enabled it since I can't remember why I removed it in the first place. Perhaps I'll move it up a little higher though, above the ads..
    sammyz, Mada, 350X and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

Just FYI, if you press the "Home" button on your keyboard (above the arrow keys) it takes you to the top.
    9to5cynic likes this.
  5. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Probably be seen more or better up higher since most are probably not use to seeing it.
  6. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Ok somehow the drop down box has gone MIA again???
  7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Rob removed it to try to help with load. I suppose putting 1000 options in a drop down for every person that loads every page every second might slow things a bit.

Sorry! :(