Why no Extended battery yet?Accessories

1. akular1

akular1 Member

Hi Everyone

I am looking for an extended battery for the samsung nexus S. I am a power user, and would need at least 2800 mah's. I noticed that seidio and others have some for the nexus one, and usually by now, they will have released documentation indicating that they have an extended pack being developed for the nexus s. This leads me to believe that perhaps they feel that the market is not large enough to substantiate an extended battery for the nexus s. Does anyone know of any other battery manufacturers that have or are coming out with an extended battery? This is the only thing that is preventing me from purchasing the phone

Thanks so much
    Andy

Advertisement
  2. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Well-Known Member

Andy,

We are actually in the process of developing a super extended battery for the Nexus S! I will post more information close to the release date. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
  3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I wondered if you would release one which does not require an extended battery cover?

If so, what capacity?

Thanks,

Martin.
  4. akular1

akular1 Member

Seidio,

Thanks great news! Thanks again for catering to us power users. You guys are really the only extended batteries I would trust for long term reliability. Looking forward to a really big extended battery with a separate back cover

Best,
    Andy
  5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

I just bought 2 extra batteries and a charger on ebay for 10 bucks.. i hate the extended batt covers
  6. seidioseidio

Yes, we have released a slim battery that doesn't require a battery door and it is already shipping! It is 1600mAh.
  7. sobcakr

sobcakr New Member

Hi, have you any estimation what extra time (e.g. in %) does it add to standard 1500mAh battery? Is it those mathematical 6,7% or even more?
  8. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

That battery is about $50 which is double the price of the original battery. You get about 6-7% more for double the price. Not really worth it. Better to just buy another original as a spare battery. If Seido drops the price by a huge amount it may be worth considering.
  9. sobcakr

sobcakr New Member

This is an interesting answer however on the wrong place. My question was about capacity, not about value for money, which I can calculate myself.
  10. seidioseidio

I cannot give you an estimation on the number of hours extra you will get because it does depend on your phone settings and how you're using your phone.
  11. eymwsoft

eymwsoft New Member

This is great news - I second the desire for a super extended battery for the Nexus S and can confidently say I will buy one the day it is announced for pre-order.
  12. MAV3N

MAV3N Member

Just checking in....having to charge everyday is something new to me, BB lasted longer, would love an extended battery.
  13. smileman

smileman Well-Known Member

make that another customer
  14. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

Any update on the Super Extended Battery?
  15. seidioseidio

We are working on a Super Extended Battery and we should have more information in the first week of March about availability.
  16. TyphoidDJ

TyphoidDJ New Member

I vote with the super extended batter you make the required new battery door rubberized and FLAT lol
  17. Crimson Fog

Crimson Fog Active Member

I CANNOT wait for an extended battery. I am heavy power user and always have to charge my phone. I'll subscribe to this thread and will be eagerly waiting...
  18. hey seidio i it can be nice if you could make a more extended slim battery for nexus s not only 100 mah more.. in 2011 with all technologies existing I can't belive its impossible to do! I would pay over 100 bucks for extended slim battery over 2000 mah for nexus s!!
  19. eddieras

eddieras Well-Known Member

any word on the extended battery?
  20. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

The NFC antenna in the battery cover probably poses a bit of a problem.
  21. Dan1113

Dan1113 Well-Known Member

Would really love this as well...any updates?