• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why not a USCC All things root sub-forum~Galaxy S4

teddyearp

Android Expert
May 19, 2010
Pinetop, AZ
Hey, call me stupid as I know nothing at all about this device. But I do know a thing or two about android and US carriers in general.

Why is there an ATR sub forum for this device for Metro PCS and not one for USCC? Last time I checked USCC is #5 as a provider and they and VZW _usually_ are close partners in their respective coverage areas.

Metro PCS is just a prepaid carrier who buys their their coverage from others.

Just sayin' . . . . and asking. . . .

Reactions: funkylogik
Hey, call me stupid as I know nothing at all about this device. But I do know a thing or two about android and US carriers in general.

Why is there an ATR sub forum for this device for Metro PCS and not one for USCC? Last time I checked USCC is #5 as a provider and they and VZW _usually_ are close partners in their respective coverage areas.

Metro PCS is just a prepaid carrier who buys their their coverage from others.

Just sayin' . . . . and asking. . . .

Couple questions -

Which device(s)?

Do you know offhand if the device(s) in question uses identical firmware to an existing model?

Iow, if we need a root forum for it, no problem - otoh, if we need to rename an existing one to include UCSS in the name, also no problem.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
I assume you're talking about us cellular, if not ignore this.

I've asked the same question many a time for Samsung USC devices but they never seem to get their own sub forum while various others keep cropping up. I think it's because the usc devices are always pretty much identical to another carrier. For the case of the gs4 the usc model number is sch-r970 and cricket is sch-r970c so I'm assuming these two are practically identical. So best bet is probably to have a name change of the cricket sub forum to incorporate usc.

Edit: no cricket sub forum, I thought I'd seen one but was probably thinking of the s3. Perhaps we need a cricket sub forum ad well

Upvote 0
Couple questions -

Which device(s)?

Do you know offhand if the device(s) in question uses identical firmware to an existing model?

Iow, if we need a root forum for it, no problem - otoh, if we need to rename an existing one to include UCSS in the name, also no problem.

Thanks! :)

As mentioned I was asking in the Galaxy S4 section, but now that the thread is moved, I should edit the title.

I do not know if the device uses identical firmware as an existing model; a lot of times there _might_ be just enough difference to make a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones