• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Why not Multilingual?

juicebox

Lurker
Sep 27, 2009
I am speaking behalf of all non-English languages. As an Iranian who would love to type & read in "Persian" in his Android phone, I'd hate to say that I cannot, because the Google company didn't put the extra effort for me & the rest of other Persians to do the same thing that every other English speaker is doing...except in Persian.

Why am I speaking behalf of all the other languages in the world? because it's ridiculous to not to. I mean think about it, do you really think that just because others speak a different language, they can't operate new devices in their own ancient language? Why shouldn't an Android user who speaks Swahili be able to operate with his/her language? Why doesn't Google hire people from other countries just to invent such capabilities? Doesn't Google know that they would actually benefit from the long run? Why can't I have both Persian & Espa

I am speaking behalf of all non-English languages. As an Iranian who would love to type & read in "Persian" in his Android phone, I'd hate to say that I cannot, because the Google company didn't put the extra effort for me & the rest of other Persians to do the same thing that every other English speaker is doing...except in Persian.

Why am I speaking behalf of all the other languages in the world? because it's ridiculous to not to. I mean think about it, do you really think that just because others speak a different language, they can't operate new devices in their own ancient language? Why shouldn't an Android user who speaks Swahili be able to operate with his/her language? Why doesn't Google hire people from other countries just to invent such capabilities? Doesn't Google know that they would actually benefit from the long run? Why can't I have both Persian & Espa

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones