• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why not play well with others?

Well I returned my Evo and picked up the DX today. Easier than I was expecting but I was a little unhappy about what seems like the bozo way the DX deals with Flickr and the bozo way the Evo deals with Facebook in terms of uploading pix. You almost have to be a rocket scientists to get the DX to upload to Flickr and the same is true for the Evo and Facebook; but not quite as bad. With the Evo all I had to do was touch the share thing while displaying the pix and it was a no brainer. The DX is almost that easy for Facebook, but for Flickr you have to do some kinda silly email thing.

Does anyone know if there is anyone way around this, or more to the point why moto/DX does not play well with Flickr while it does with Facebook?

I'd asked about this too and was a little perturbed that the gallery doesn't allow uploading to Flickr like the Incredible does. Must be some weird licensing thing. Anyway, I think there's a bunch of free Flickr uploading apps in the Market, but the one that's always been recommended (and I'm thinking of getting even if I keep my Inc) is called upStream. It's only $0.99 and is meant to be very powerful: upStream - Android app on AppBrain, though I haven't tried it myself, it has good reviews.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones