why not?General

Last Updated:

1. gregskeels

gregskeels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

T-Mobile plans to bring Android 2.2 to MyTouch 3G its on phonedog and ant the eris and the touch the same phone on the inside?

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The one major difference is that the myTouch 3G is not running Sense - it is stock Android. Also, the myTouch 3G is pretty close to top of the line at T-Mobile, while the Eris is definitely third fiddle to the Droid Incredible and the Droid Droid (as I like to call it.)

3. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i think what he was getting at was if the mytouch and eris are so similar internally and it works for it then it would work for the eris and it could be ported over.

not sure about the answer though ... someone else take it away....... ;)

4. gregskeels

touch has a ui (no sorry on the ui part thinking of the slide but it should still work) to just a litte differint and eris has more ram 288 and the touch is at 192

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

It no doubt will run it. Its a matter of whether or not HTC will bother updating it.

6. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Or if Verizon wants the Eris to have 2.2.

7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

It sure did take a long time for HTC and Verizon to get 2.1 out. We'd be looking at what, a November release? Rooted users will enjoy a ported version.

8. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

Im rooted so im sure I will have 2.2 but if you think about it. It took verizon so long, because the jump from 1.5 to 2.1 is such a big jump. It will be easy for an update to go 2.1 to 2.2. Just a few updates here and there not a whole revamp basically what 1.5 to 2.1 was for us.

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

HTC definitely will want Sense running under 2.2 for the Evo, Desire, Legend, and Evo. I just don't think that they will be all that motivated about bothering for the Hero and Eris.

10. gregskeels

wouldn't u think after they put it on all tho phones it should be as difficult to put it on the eris there wernt that many sence ui phones out a few months ago they could just like convert it or something like that

11. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

Well, if the Incredible is basically the Eris on steroids, can't you just take the Incredible install package, swap a few hardware drivers, and call it a day?

12. gregskeels

i think they can do it we should bug verizon over this it can be dun the phone has been out for a less then a year and no more updates sounds messed up i know its a hero phone but its messed up 2 me it can be dun