• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why only 1G Memory?

Upvote 0
Footprints, the HTC geo-blogging app, does not work with the internal memory. If you're going to make a statement, at least verify it first. :rolleyes:

Verizon asked HTC for the internal memory, thinking it would be a "premium" feature. Bzzzt. Fail. Verizon should have asked for 720p recording, or a 1500 mah battery. But they didn't. Fail, again.

Sprint asked for more ROM. It benefits everyone, and its universally available to all apps, widgets and programs. Ding, Ding! Winner!

Just going to assume you're a teenager since this is how my son would answer. Sorry, didn't mean to get you all excited and as I said numereous times, I wasn't trying to declare a winner. They are both great phones and I hope you enjoy you're Evo as much or more as I have enjoyed my Inc.

Upvote 0
I only tried it with 2 directories, so my test wasn't exhaustive. The file structure I used was /sdcard/mp3/artistname/albumname/.mp3 files + AlbumArt.jpg. I had to unmount the SD card and remount to get it to come up (by plugging into the computer and then unplugging).

I decided the art wasn't as important to me as making use of the internal memory, so I just left the music on the emmc.

Thanks, I'll play around with it.

Upvote 0
Quite honestly, I don't think I can make use of all 32GB let alone 40GB on the Incredible. Come to think of it, I might just get a 16GB card for the meantime and wait for the 32GB card prices to fall to a manageable level. :)

Very true. Yes, the Inc can take a 32GB card but I only use an 8 with the included 8 internal, I haven't come close to even using 2

Upvote 0
Quite honestly, I don't think I can make use of all 32GB let alone 40GB on the Incredible. Come to think of it, I might just get a 16GB card for the meantime and wait for the 32GB card prices to fall to a manageable level. :)

like anything.. if you have .. you will use it.
better to have and dont need...
than to need and dont have...

why buy a porshe??? I cant go that fast or drive it like I amm on a track!!!!! I want it because.. I want to know I can!!! ;)

Upvote 0
Hi new here but have been doing some research on the EVO the internal memory is 16GB with 32GB external.

i wish

Did a bit of research regarding which micro SD card to go with... After a good bit of research decided on going with this card for my Evo:

class 6 / 16gb

Amazon.com: Transcend Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card: Electronics

you should look into a a-data class 6 16gb i own 2 of them great card great speeds and great price

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones