• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why Should I root my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0?

I have a GT-P3113 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (wifi only) with Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) on it.

I don't use it for much, yet... but I am wondering: should I root it? What advantages would I have for doing so.

I mean, I rooted my Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch) so that I could do certain things my provider blocked me from doing, but I have no cell-phone carrier in the way of this tablet.

So, I am curious-- what does root do for the user of this device?

CM10 is what, Cyanogen Mod?

Wouldn't that also include root?
eh.gif

What is so awesome about it?

I use this tablet, right now, mostly as an entertainment device-- a couple movies, eBooks, light internet use when a wifi signal is available.

I do have a nice little wifi scanner that I use on occasion, and the usual array of productivity tools I haven't tapped into yet-- Evernote, Tasks, and whatnot.

I work in electronics; I may, sometime in the future, build an oscilloscope and/or spectrum analyzer to interface with the pad for the occasional road trip, but I have neither money nor time to spend on stuff like that right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones