Why Should I root my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0?

Last Updated:

1. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Well-Known Member

I have a GT-P3113 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (wifi only) with Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean) on it.

I don't use it for much, yet... but I am wondering: should I root it? What advantages would I have for doing so.

I mean, I rooted my Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch) so that I could do certain things my provider blocked me from doing, but I have no cell-phone carrier in the way of this tablet.

So, I am curious-- what does root do for the user of this device?

Advertisement
  2. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

IMO, you should forget rooting and upgrade to CM10.1 :) Its very awesome. 4.2.1 awesomeness....
  3. Dngrsone

CM10 is what, Cyanogen Mod?

Wouldn't that also include root? [​IMG]

What is so awesome about it?

I use this tablet, right now, mostly as an entertainment device-- a couple movies, eBooks, light internet use when a wifi signal is available.

I do have a nice little wifi scanner that I use on occasion, and the usual array of productivity tools I haven't tapped into yet-- Evernote, Tasks, and whatnot.

I work in electronics; I may, sometime in the future, build an oscilloscope and/or spectrum analyzer to interface with the pad for the occasional road trip, but I have neither money nor time to spend on stuff like that right now.
  4. bill_in_mtl

bill_in_mtl Active Member

If you are happy with the tab the way it is - leave it

The main reason I rooted mine was to have the ability to remove all the bloatware - or apps that are just taking up space

Regards,
  5. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Do tell!!! :smokingsomb:
  6. kbbru

kbbru Well-Known Member

He already does... 2GigayteSD is spreading the word on CM10.1 all over the forum... :rolleyes:
  7. bill_in_mtl

bill_in_mtl Active Member

Just an FYI

CM 10.1 is now using 4.2.2 base

:) :)
    twogbsd likes this.
  8. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Because i'm awesome! :p
  9. Dngrsone