• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root why should i root this phone?

bdnh

Nov 8, 2010
I want to root this phone but I don't know what I will be getting out of it.
Last phone I rooted was a motorola ZN5 and I loved that phone but it start to become outdated so I moved to the moto cliq now im here on this phone. Can anyone tell me why I should root this phone?

Hi Guys

Sorry to say a newbie here, I got the Milestone 2 which is the European version of the Droid 2 as many of you will already know and wondering if the Root for Droid 2 will also work for the Milestone 2?

I hate Motoblur and just want stock Android. What the f**k is wrong with Motorola? Why are they spending money investing in this piece of trashy software when they can just leave it out and let Android be what it's suppose to be? It should have been dead years ago!

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

Sorry to say a newbie here, I got the Milestone 2 which is the European version of the Droid 2 as many of you will already know and wondering if the Root for Droid 2 will also work for the Milestone 2?

I hate Motoblur and just want stock Android. What the f**k is wrong with Motorola? Why are they spending money investing in this piece of trashy software when they can just leave it out and let Android be what it's suppose to be? It should have been dead years ago!

Thanks

Try these \/ Good chance one will work.

Upvote 0
Try these \/ Good chance one will work.

Thanks SuperSixTwo, Z4Root worked after a couple of tries and I now have a rooted M2.

I then installed Titanium Backup and gave it Super User Access and viewing the list of apps to uninstall, there are so many and I'm not sure what I should get rid off!

Even more scary when I tried to remove one it gave me a warning that uninstalling this app could cause the system to not work properly and that I might need to flash my original ROM should anything go wrong! So I left it and didn't uninstall a thing!

Does that meam if I uninstall something, a hard reset won't be enough and I'll have to flash my original ROM should something go wrong?

As for the original ROM, I'm still not sure how to make a backup of it in case something goes wrong.

So can someone please guide me on how to BACKUP my original ROM and also point me to some stock ROM's for the Milestone 2?

I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Upvote 0
Wow that was fast! Thanks Super.

Now tell me, is it worth it? All this rooting and hacking? Does it compromise my privacy by installing custom ROMS etc?

Also if I use the Z4Root again to UN-ROOT my phone and then do a hard reset, will any type of exploits still be in place?

Also, should something go wrong can I just use RSDLite and flash these original stock ROMS? http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone2

Having second thoughts! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones