Why so little advertising support for the DNA???General

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

...It almost seems as if Big Red wants to keep this not-so-little gem a secret. When they introduced the iphone 4/4s/5 or the GS3 or the Note/Note2 it seemed like all you could see on TV were ads for these devices. Not so much as a blip with the DNA. This thing should be positively huge but no one even knows about it (inculding many Verizon employees...lol)

Or was all that advertising directly from Apple and/or Samsung and HTC just doesn't have the budget to support their devices in the media like Samsung?

Advertisement
    :
  2. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

It seems this way with all HTC phone Verizon sell,same thing happened when the Rezound came out last year.
  3. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

I tend to agree.

BC
  4. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

I agree...... when the Rezound came out there was little to no advertising outside of one ad featuring Beats...... but nothing on the specs of the then might Rezound........ I have yet to see any ad of any kind for the DNA.... This phone rocks...... :)
  5. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Usually VZ advertises the hell out of their Droid line, so I'm surprised they aren't pushing this phone. Samsung usually handles their own, same with Apple, but I really thought the release date of the Note being the last of the 4 was intentional to give VZ time to push the DNA.

The last HTC I can remember VZ really pushing hard was the Thunderbolt..
  6. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

I was at a best buy and they dont even have this phone there still. Kinda sad.
  7. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

As in not there at all or as in sold out?
  8. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

didnt ask, but theres no display model, no spot for it at all. not a single sign about it either. if i didnt know what i was looking for, theres no hint the phone even exists. yet there was iphone and galaxy s displays everywhere. and then 2 random droid displays on the way out for the razr's
  9. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member

Its all about perception. All the phone sites have been dogging HTC and no one wants to stick their necks out massive marketing campaign incase it flops.
  10. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

The Samsung Galaxy S3 has been out for a over four months now and their advertising campaign seems to have reached a crescendo in just last couple months. I don't watch tv so I'm mainly talking about internet and billboard/busstop advertising. (The S3 is heavily advertised at busstops here in San Francisco)

HTC has plenty of time for an onslaught of marketing.
  11. ptco911

ptco911 Well-Known Member

In the droid line, Verizon sold their souls to Motorola.
  12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to see that Verizon hasn't pushed out any commercials for the DNA. My One X on at&t has about 5 different commercials that are seen randomly.
  13. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

For a while, on the DNA on the Verizon website in the scroll; it wasnt even the DNA shown... I laughed a bit at that.
  14. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

The Verizon store near my place doesn't even have the phone yet. Nothing, zippo? What's up with that?

This phone is the first one in the US with a 1080p screen display, it should be all over the place being promoted.
  15. TrueMetalGeek

TrueMetalGeek Well-Known Member

Good. Maybe that's why we got the DNA for $199 while the Samsung Note II is $299

HTC don't advertise much. Word of mouth works for them! :)
  16. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

People know about it in Southern California apparently. Went to try and get one Saturday and they were sold out. Not only at my store in Anaheim but every Verizon store within a 100 mile radius was sold out. I called about 30 stores myself just to double check and many said they sold out by Friday. They had to order me one, I will have it Wednesday!
  17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Well at the unveiling, Verizon said this was going to lead their holiday lineup. It is featured front and center on their site, and the in-store Droid kiosk has a huge picture of it.

Plus their black-friday mailer had a whole page devoted to it. But their commercials were dedicated to the black friday deals. I think this week though, you will start to see DNA commercials.
  18. sandoichi

sandoichi Member

Both of the Verizon stores near me said that Verizon had not sent them any DNAs yet, so I had to have them order mine (this was last Wednesday, and my DNA won't be here until Tuesday at the earliest )

I don't know if it has anything to do with them being independently owned or what
  19. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

Weird, all corporate stores should have them. The little spin off's maybe not.
  20. 211275

211275 Well-Known Member

Those must not be corporate Verizon stores then.
  21. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

After the Nexus 4 debacle, I'm seriously considering taking the plunge and snatching up a DNA!
  22. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed. All the guys are jealous of mine
  23. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Just went to Best Buy mobile. No DNA on display over there.
  24. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence, just got back from the Verizon Corp store in the mall and was playing around with the demo for about 20 min...

Only issue I was able to find was the call quality was a little low and not super clear? How's your call quality and volume?
  25. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

That's just so crazy for a device like this...