Why so many new Verizon phones with physical keyboard?

Last Updated:

1. Brianm109

Brianm109 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it me or does it seem like every new phone coming to Verizon have a physical keyboard? I know people like them but damn, I'm not one of them!

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Yea you answered your own question. You don't matter as one person. And fyi you're not being forced to buy them. Get one without it. Many people still use physical keyboards. They are way more dependable than virtual keyboards.

3. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Keyboards are more reliable during a force close loop. That is why the Eris, Fascinate and the X are not even an option for me.

4. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Hmm. Good point, however, I have yet to encounter any FCL's on my Fascinate. Maybe after FroYo, when I start rooting and trying new roms that might come into play but I plan on doing whatever I need to cause I really really like this phone. Guess I could have gotten a Galaxy S with physkbd from another carrier, but phone calls are important and coverage is crucial. On a couple of recent trips some of my friends on TMo and Sprt had no signal at all so I let them use my Verizon phone and all the calls went through. They are thinking of switching to VZW when their contracts are up for that very reason.

5. jjhoneck

jjhoneck New Member

I won't buy a phone without a physical keyboard. I suspect I'm not alone.
    --
    Jay

6. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Lol ur not. Gotta have my physical keyboard.:D

7. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

My wife won't even choose anything that doesn't have a physical keyboard. You now see so many of them cause now you got 3 classifications of phone compared to just two. Back a few year all physical keys were just on smart phones which may have not been displayed with all the regular phones and now every one has smart phone compared to just business people having them in years pass.

8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Until I got the SF I thought I needed a physical qwerty. It took me one day to adapt to it and to swype

9. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I was tempted to give the Droid 2 a shot. I haven't had a physical keyboard since I used an EnV.

10. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

I am definitely missing a keyboard (Dinc) but I just don't love the Droid 2. If I switch to Sprint I will get an Epic 4G, though.