why sync gmail

1. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Why do I need to sync gmail? I ask because I've had it unchecked forever and I still get email from my gmail account and when I delete mail they delete from the server. So what's the point?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

The difference is in automatically syncing it or hitting the refresh button while in the app.
  3. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

That's my point I don't have to sync and it seems to sync anyways. I've never hit the refresh button.
  4. Szadzik

Strange, very strange.
  5. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

All the responses I've gotten from this thread have come through my email and once I delete them they were moved to the trash folder on the server and sync Gmail is unchecked. I wonder if the constant sync icon I have on the notification bar has anything to do with it.
  6. lilroot

lilroot Well-Known Member

I think the sync is for contacts, calender, and documents? maybe?
  7. Szadzik

Do you mean the 'spinning wheel'? Is it not draining the battery if you have there all the time?

BTW., why not enable auto-sync?
  8. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

No it doesn't seem to be doing anything other than bugging me. It's not really syncing as far as I can tell.

Where is Auto sync and what does it Auto sync ?

I did figure out why I got mail when it isn't checked to sync. There was an option to check for mail also and that was enabled. So now I do have to have it on to get mail.
  9. Szadzik

Settings>Accounts and sync.
  10. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

No auto sync there on mine just a list of accounts
  11. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Same here