• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why the Droid X hype?

You can't forget either that no matter how dated the iphone4 becomes, it will always be THE phone to compare to. It was EVO vs. Iphone 4. Then it will be Droid X vs. Iphone 4, then Galaxy vs. iphone 4.

Then when January rolls around and every other cell phone manufacturer has a superior phone to the iphone4 you still won't see Droid XX vs. HTC Amazing. It will always be *other phone vs. iphone.

Upvote 0
I can't wait till all the Droid x Fanboys get their dose of reality. The screen isn't great, shoots worse pictures, battery life may actually be worse than the EVO's, no 4g, no front camera, lag on touch screen (benchmark that) and that's just in a couple of days.

Yet sooooo quick to call definitively call it superior to the EVO. I bet all of that will pass come the end of July. Just like we saw less and less Apple fanboys after release, we will see less and less Droid Fanboys. Watch.

Upvote 0
I can't wait till all the Droid x Fanboys get their dose of reality. The screen isn't great, shoots worse pictures, battery life may actually be worse than the EVO's, no 4g, no front camera, lag on touch screen (benchmark that) and that's just in a couple of days.

Yet sooooo quick to call definitively call it superior to the EVO. I bet all of that will pass come the end of July. Just like we saw less and less Apple fanboys after release, we will see less and less Droid Fanboys. Watch.

SAY WHAT?!? lol

In order...

1. Who says the screen isn't great? Reviewers have been saying that it's a great looking screen. It is even higher resolution and true 16:9.

2. It shoots worse pictures than the EVO? I have an Incredible and from the samples that I have seen from the Droid X, it is equal or better. Comparison reviews agree.

3. So... have you seen ANY review saying that it's worse? They have been praising the battery life of the X.

4. Software issue that may or may not be addressed by Motorola. I plan on using Launcher Pro anyways, as many EVO and Incredible users are doing.

There seems to be less and less EVO fanboys too. Many EVO owners are moving to the Droid X.

Upvote 0

lol this i believe is in an indirect reference to when i said the X was superior to the EVO.

As most people say while its good to have the option of ffc, video chat has not caught on yet and by the time it does many X owners will have a capable phone

the 4g argument is really annoying...Yes Sprint is the one and only with 4g however many people are not pleased with the results they get and besides this is probably the one feature that the EVO truly beats the X on.

as far as benchmarking goes...Nobody outside the 2% of geeks(and i mean that would love) actually cares nor knows what that means. And from wha t i have seen online it is obvious subjective. because there are reports the evo is faster than the X and vice versa.

I love the ideology that everyone is a fanboy/girl of some phone because they speak highly of one device when comparing it to said device

Upvote 0

Battery life has already been tested. Just talk time, it beats the EVO by 2 hours.

Lag on touch screen.....have u ever used Launcher Pro or ADW? It solved whatever lag I had with my Droid, I expect it to solve it if there is any with the X.

How about the EVO and Inc cant play certain games or play them well from the Market cuz of the gpu....

4G and Front camera.....is about all the EVO got for sure over the X.

Upvote 0
sprint barely marketed the Evo..although on the internet it was on almost every single webpage..\

Just to clear up a minor point... you (and probably all of us) were seeing EVO ads everywhere because they had placed a cookie on your machine when you visited an EVO related page, and were retargeting those ads to you. It's a really really cost effective way of increasing exposure to people who are interested in a specific site/product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones