1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Why the lack in competition for Handsent and Chomp??

Last Updated:

1. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Even though I'm a Handsent user, and always have been, why is there a lack of competition for SMS apps??

There are only 2 as far as I know, worthy of replacing the native SMS application, and they are Chomp and Handsent. Does anyone know of any other alternatives to these for me to test??

Advertisement
  2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

I would imagine it'd be a hard "market" to enter, as Chomp and Handcent have a pretty solid footing. Unless someone came up with a new, amazing feature that neither Chomp nor Handcent has, I don't see too many people switching either.

3. timberbosco

timberbosco Member

I haven't seen anything about this but I wonder if either of these two apps could/would take a stab at re-inventing the Google Voice texing interface. Does Google publish an API for Voice?

4. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm always willing to switch if I think somethings better. I'm constantly switching twitter apps, (currently using twidroyd), so testing out different SMS apps appeals to me. Ive tried Chomp a couple of times, but always come back to Handsent.

5. poolguy

poolguy Member

I've tried both, but found the only feature I really needed was the popups. So I now just use SMSPopup and stock sms.