• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why there are no contacts for some accounts?

tetelee

Aug 13, 2012
I am using 4.4.2, N5 original OS, all the accounts I have defined, Google, Skype, Outlook..., can be selected to display in People app. By default it displays contacts from all accounts so I never bothered to check whether the list is complete (because it is a long list). But today when I selected to display contacts from only one account, I realized that for some accounts, there are no contacts synced/read (and of course I definitely have some contacts in those apps).

Currently my Lync (a Microsoft enterprise messenger app) account does not have any contact in People, neither does WeChat (a Chinese Messenger app like WhatsApp). I don't know if this is Android's problem or app's problem. I mean Android does recognizes these two accounts (or these two app do register them as accounts to Android), but I am not sure if these two follow the Android's rule to expose their contacts to Android. Anybody had a similar problem?

Thanks for your help. That indeed works! Well, it worked for my Lync account. For WeChat, it did sync with 4 contacts out of my 40 contacts in the first time. But then I did the whole procedure again, the 4 contacts in WeChat account disappeared from my People. I decided it might be a SW bug and finally gave up with this account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones