Why upgrade to 2.1 ?Support

Last Updated:

1. tony102smith

tony102smith Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks

I hope you dont mind a perhaps daft question.

What is the advantage of the upgrade from 1.6, to 2.1 (I have the LG GT540)

What benefits will I get?

I got caught up in all the hoo haa about getting it, but just now sat and thought, why?

So, over to you tech boffins, let me have the good news, and tell me why I should get the upgrade?

Many thanks to you all.

Anthony

Advertisement
  2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

With AppstoSD2 you can save downloads to the SD card, instead of the gt540 pitiful 140mb, also some apps and games will not run on 1.6 , I supposed there will be more that others will mention.

3. fury-s12

fury-s12 Well-Known Member

2.1 doesnt have apps2sd tho does it, apart from live wallpapers im not sure wat 2.1 offers over 1.6 other then obviously it will be more defined etc someone will no tho

4. craigb87

craigb87 Well-Known Member

app2sd requires a rooted phone. I'm sure you can use it on 1.6 but I upgraded to 2.1 as well as rooting to get apps2sd working. 2.1 doesn't do an awful lot more than 1.6 but it seems to me that I'm not getting as many errors as I was before (like FC's) and it 'feels' better to me (it's probably in my head though lol) Also the browser supports html5 which things like facebook places uses. The highlights from the 2.0 version is here

5. tony102smith

tony102smith Member This Topic's Starter

great, thanks folks.

6. Cherrio

Cherrio Member

2.1 brings two important features. 1. Multiple Gmail accounts 2. Skype! Everything else, like live-wallpapers, speed-boost, double tap zoom are nice but not worth upgrading for.

7. ranseen

ranseen Member

Mobile Phone Support: Ok thank you very much for bringing this to are attention, I have just been told that they verified the update. With regards to your Updating issue you can send the handset to us and we will update it for you at our repair center. Please call 0844 847 5454 and select options 1 & 3.

8. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Well-Known Member

If you want even MORE features, and a more up to date phone, get 2.2 or 2.3 (2.2 link 2.3 link) :D :D