• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why use? - Allo

To me Google should fuse Hangouts with Android Messages so that one can sms OR call/video/text on the internet.

Then they should add the Google Assistant to this app in the same way as this works on Google Allo.

Finally, remove these prototypes and continue working on this app.

EDIT.
also remove Google Duo...

Upvote 0
@KBU2 It does work indeed as well as all the other apps. My point was just that they should take the best features of these apps and fuse them into one application rather than playing around.

Yes, I like the simple way Google Duo allows one to have a video call. But that is how Hangouts should be... oh here again..! :)

Upvote 0
Give it a while, they will combine all or parts of them, give it a new name. Then in a year or so split them all out with more new names to await yet another future merger.

Chat (from Allo) is going to Android Messages. Allo's development is on hold (whatever that means).

Once the carriers all get on board, then they have RCS/Chat wrapped up into Android Messages. Let's hope it works (but I have my doubts)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones