• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help why when I go to attach something in gmail it will onoy let me attach pics?

sounds like you set your permissions to only go to the gallery as opposed to other apps. go into your applications and manage apps and look for the gallery and see what its permissions are (if any).
MarcTronixx - thanks for this possible work-around. I would like to try it but yr directions seem incomplete: "go into your applications and manage apps and look for the gallery and see what its permissions are (if any)." What does Gallery permission have to do with allowing gmail to use Astro or Polaris to access My Files? Currently, if I want to send a file, I use the File Management software that came with this MetroPCS, Polaris. But if I reply, like poster said, it only allows access to Image folder. Can you offer more detailed instructions? In the "Applications Manager" folder, the only option button listed is to uninstall an application. I look forward to any advise you can offer! THANKS!!!

Upvote 0
MarcTronixx - thanks for this possible work-around. I would like to try it but yr directions seem incomplete: "go into your applications and manage apps and look for the gallery and see what its permissions are (if any)." What does Gallery permission have to do with allowing gmail to use Astro or Polaris to access My Files? Currently, if I want to send a file, I use the File Management software that came with this MetroPCS, Polaris. But if I reply, like poster said, it only allows access to Image folder. Can you offer more detailed instructions? In the "Applications Manager" folder, the only option button listed is to uninstall an application. I look forward to any advise you can offer! THANKS!!!

A bit late to offer my piece, but what he means go into your phone settings, apps, at the top there are I think 4 tabs, 2 of them being "downloaded" and "all".

From here you'll tap "all", then search for gallery and tap it when you find it.

Tap "clear defaults"

Now if you have astro installed it'll give you an option to choose between gallery or astro when you want to attach something into Gmail.

Cheers

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones