• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why Won't Contacts & Google U.S. Holidays Notify Me On the Galaxy S3 Stock Calendar?

IAsimov

Lurker
May 3, 2013
I have my Google Calendar synced with my Galaxy S3. However, I don't get notifications for U.S. Holidays. Also, I found that alerts from my previous phone were carried over, but they were manual entries, duplicating what the Calender already marked. So, I deleted all of that nonsense. Alas, I don't get those notifications, even though they are a part of the calender. My Settings are setup for Status bar notification, which I assume would effect all entries on the Calender.

I do not like having a Calender widget on any of my screens, so I'm not using that as a reference. Besides, I want to eliminate as many redundancies as possible. I much prefer to have it running in the background, notifying me of events when needed. But again, it doesn't seem to do that.

How do I get this working? Some entries have Alarm clock symbols and options. However, U.S. Holidays and Contact Birthdays have neither. I can't even set up Reminders and notifications on Chrome for desktop, if that even matters in this context.

Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

Thank you for your time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones