Why won't email (Hotmail) send?Support

1. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Hey All,

Up until Sept 19, I was able to either hit reply, compose new, or send emails from links/apps without any issues. I use Hotmail and go thru the stock email client on the phone. All of a sudden, every time I try to send an email, it errors out and I get a notice saying it wasn't sent. The phone doesn't give a reason, and the only option is to delete the message. Did the Froyo update mess something up or what? I haven't changed any of the settings on my account and only occasionally had this happen before, but now it happens on every outgoing message. What gives? Any ideas or solutions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

did you set up hotmail with the stock email or the stock corp sync?
  3. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Ummm, I think the stock email. I am not allowed to use my corp email account on the DX. What kills me is it worked fine before, but now it won't let me send any out.
  4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Just checked, sent a test email and mine works, of course, I've reset mine up after the new phone and the wipe, so...
    I also use the corp sync method for hotmail...it has nothing to do with your work email BTW.
    Have a read through this http://androidforums.com/droid-x-tips-tricks/162745-hotmail-corporate-exchange-sync-working.html
    Highlights, if you delete an email on the phone, it deletes from your hotmail account and vise versa, where it didn't work that way when using the stock email on the phone. That's what sealed it for me...works as it should now.
    mahers likes this.
  5. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I remember seeing that thread and even commented on it, but forgot about it. I will try it and see what happens. It wasn't that big of a deal at first, but now it's starting to annoy me, especially when I hit a link to send an email and it opens the phone's email client and the message rejects. Thanks!
  6. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Just tried it and sending now works, and I can see all my folders! I deleted the test email from the phone, but it didn't delete it from the online account. Not the end of the world, as long as I can send the damn things!!!!! :)
  7. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

did you refresh the email on the online account, it does take a few seconds/minutes to update sometimes.

BTW, if you use your hotmail calender, it will now sync with the phone's...another big bonus to me as my wife always has sheet planned for me and I forget all that's going on.
  8. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

What!?! Me wait for anything? Pshhhh, you gots to be crazy. I am impatient as hell. (I refreshed like 10x) And I don't use the hotmail calendar, so no benefit there, at least not yet. I hear ya on the wife planning stuff. I don't know what's going on until I am in the car going there!?! :rolleyes: