Why won't internet work of the the network provider?Support

Last Updated:

1. premier69

premier69 Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought my first android phone, a htc magic vodafone from germany.

I now live in poland and am using the polish Play fresh. When using wifi i have no problem surfing the net, signing in to google, etc. etc...

But when i turn of the wifi and try it over the phone's carrier service I can't sign in, go online in any application, however, I can recive and make phone calls as well as sms. I even tried my swedish Haleop over roaming here in poland and i tried my girlfriends simplus, and my 3g era datacard which i use for my UMPC, NONE of them work.

Advertisement
  2. premier69

Well this is certainly an interesting development...

Seems like the people at the Play Fresh Store says my phone isn't supported by them.

Is this true? Do certain android phones not work with providers? Do you have to collect lists of supported models before you buy your phone? I want to buy a new more modern Android phone in Sweden because they're cheaper there than here in Poland, and i want it unbranded without all the crapware and logos the network providers riddle their phones with.

3. hotboirico9

hotboirico9 New Member

I had the same exact problem. You have to go to your wireless settings and set up a access point for your phone. Im not sure what it is for poland, but am sure you can google it to find out.

4. premier69

You know what? I rooted it and installed cyanogenmod and after i did that ALL problems where solved... just like that! Guess this goes to show you why buying a carrier branded phone blows so bad...

I got some issues with wifi now but i have an old shitty d-link router which i suspect to be messing with me...

Ordered a new Cisco router so we'll soon see if my hunch was right.