why won't my computer read my pictures off my phone?Support

1. inugurl3

inugurl3 New Member

I have connected my phone to my computer and i will not read the pictures, i have disconnected it and looked at the file type and they are jpg format, i need to upload these pictures to my computer for easier time to upload the pictures online, since i have an app locker on my phone, what should i do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :)

Maybe try AirDroid, it's free and pretty good.

Others may have better advice as well.
    inugurl3 likes this.
  3. themib

themib Well-Known Member

is pc seeing phone at all?
    what usb setting are using?
    charge only
    usb mass storage
    pc mode
  4. themib

themib Well-Known Member

is pc seeing phone at all?
    what usb setting are using?
    charge only
    usb mass storage
    pc mode
  5. inugurl3

inugurl3 New Member

i am using mass storage like what i am suposed to, the computer recognizes everything except pictures, it makes no since to me why, i even removed the micro sd card and put it itself in the computer and it still will not see ir
  6. themib

themib Well-Known Member

I would try pc mode, just to see if it makes a difference
    your looking for pictures in dcim/camera ?
  7. inugurl3

inugurl3 New Member

yes i do look under dcim/pictures and those are the ones that will not work, and like i said i tried using the card itself in the computer and it will not regonize the pictures either
  8. themib

themib Well-Known Member

sound that pics are corrupt or encrypted

if they are corrupted, try a file recovery program
    may need to format sd card, that will delete all files, but may allow new pics to be written to card

if encrypted you need a password

do you have a 2nd sd card, you can test if new pics, can be saved to sd card?
  9. inugurl3

inugurl3 New Member

no i cant get to a second sd card, and reformating the first one will mess with some of my apps and saved files i have on it, and some i dont even know how i got them anymore
  10. Haynesj69

Haynesj69 New Member

First check to see if you have entered your password on your phone. If not, your computer cannot see anything on your phone.
  11. Haynesj69

Haynesj69 New Member

This happened to me as well. I finally looked at my phone, and I had not entered my password to get into my phone. That fixed my problem.