1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Why won't my MacBook recognise my Tab?

1. tpr007

tpr007 Member

New Tab2 7.0 yesterday, and I have a MBP running osx 10.8 Mountain Lion

I can't install Kies because it's not compatible with 10.8, and when I plug the Tab into the mac via USB it shows on the tab as USB connected, but nothing on the Mac.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Just a guess, maybe you need to set something on the tab as "Mass Storage".

*** EDIT ***

I just read this.

• You cannot connect the Galaxy Tab to a Macintosh and have it be recognized as an external storage device or media player.
    • You can, however, use Bluetooth to send and receive files between the Galaxy Tab and a Mac. It’s not the fastest way to exchange information, but it works.
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-connect-and-disconnect-the-samsung-galaxy-t.html
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I've been using Airdroid. Ever sinve upgrading to ICS I lost the ability to see any of my devices on my Mac.