1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Why wont my phone download picture messages?

Why wont my phone download picture messages?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2012.
  1. excessive downloding

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. mms server crashed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. qivan510

qivan510 New Member

hi my samsung admire wont download incoming pictures and i dont know the problem please help me. i uninstalled a battery saver app if that helps

Advertisement
    :
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Are you using Google Voice? If so, Google Voice doesn't do picture messages.

If you're using stock or something like Handcent / Go SMS, make sure your 3G data is working. Or, if you're connected to wifi, make sure that wifi is actually connected to the internet. If all is working and you can get data from the internet, clear the cache on your messaging program.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > scroll to and tap messenger > clear cache. You can clear data, too, but I think that wipes message history.
  3. laurarose

laurarose New Member

Turn the wifi off when you want to download a picture. Then hit download. Don't forget to turn it back on :)
  4. IB IO IO IM

IB IO IO IM New Member

Try turning your network data on..Just got my optius m+ juice defender tends to disable things when your battery is low that being said, If you have a battery saving app may want to check what's being disabled.
  5. Lydia1995

Lydia1995 New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830d, my boyfriend sent me an SMS (simple text message, no picture and no video) that is 1KB long. It keeps saying downloading but I don't know if it is. I've turned my wifi on, can anyone help me with this please. I really want to receive this text he sent me.