Why won't some of my Facebook pictures show up in my contacts??Support

Last Updated: 2011-12-29 05:09:37
  1. JessIrons

JessIrons New Member

So I've set up both my gmail and Facebook accounts to sync my contacts. Some of the contacts (who I don't have a Google account picture for) will use the Facebook picture, but others won't use the facebook picture for some reason! Why??? I've joined the contacts, tried searching in all the various accounts/menus, made sure the names matched, and still, a handful of them won't sync the Facebook picture - EVEN IF I go to the Facebook profile and it shows the picture. PLEASE HELP!!

Advertisement
  2. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

do these contacts have google accounts? because i think the google account takes priority over the fb account
  3. KnightCrusader

KnightCrusader Well-Known Member

It does, because I had this exact issue. I had to delete the gmail photo in order to get the fb one to come up.
  4. JessIrons

JessIrons New Member

Those names DO have Google accounts, but NO pictures associated with the Google account...
  5. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

id be willing to bet that is it, i dont use fb on my phone so i cant play with it for you, but there must be an option somewhere to pick which account is the default to pull pictures from.
  6. JessIrons

JessIrons New Member

The problem is that some contacts pictures transfer over just fine from Facebook, but not others. And when I go to edit the contact info for those that don't work - no picture shows up on the "Facebook" section of their contact info!

I would agree that there should be a setting, but even if I found that setting, it seems that if the FB picture is blank now, it would still pull a blank picture!
  7. alicat710

alicat710 New Member

I just got my Stratosphere for xmas and have had similar issues. Some of my contacts sync up with their Facebook photos and some don't, but I don't have gmail contacts to sync with. I also can't get my contacts photos to show up when I message them. They have the standard blank face even though they have a picture in their contact info. Can anyone help with this too along with the FB problem??? Thanks.
  8. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

I've had occasional problems with this across multiple devices, Android builds, and Facebook app versions. When it happens, I use Friends Sync. It's free, and it works fine.