• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why wont this f*cking thing work?!?!

birthofahero

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2010
Everytime I try to turn wifi on with a toggle it turns it on BUT wont connect to my saved network. I have to open it thru wifi settings then it says "not in range" but then quickly connects. No matter what app I use or how long I wait it never works......

I'm having exactly the same problem and it is extremely annoying! My security is WPA2/PSK encryption. I'm going to change that up a little and see if anything changes.

Same encryption here and my Linksys WRT54G works like a champ. Couple things to perhaps try are update the router firmware and if there's an option in the router's interface program to add a MAC addy to always allow connect or similar. If nothing else, maybe even set a schedule to allow access and make it 24/7 365.

Phone's MAC found at Settings > About Phone > Hardware Information

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Same encryption here and my Linksys WRT54G works like a champ. Couple things to perhaps try are update the router firmware and if there's an option in the router's interface program to add a MAC addy to always allow connect or similar. If nothing else, maybe even set a schedule to allow access and make it 24/7 365.

Phone's MAC found at Settings > About Phone > Hardware Information

Just a thought.

hmm, interesting. If I had any idea what you were talking about, I might have some incentive to do this lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones