Why won't this work for Groupwise?

Last Updated:

1. Swamp Ape

Swamp Ape Member This Topic's Starter

So I have read through alot of threads about syncing Groupwise. I found this thread, http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/46086-anybody-using-novell-groupwise-work-email.html that spells it out extremely well, but it is somewhat convoluted.
    I am going to throw this out there and let some more knowledgeable people point out the flaws. Here is the idea:
    I am thinking that I can go into my Groupwise account and set up a rule for "Hit the Road" that will automatically forward my emails to my Yahoo or my Gmail account. When I get these emails on my Samsung Captivate I figure that I can read them and I can respond from my work email address by using the "Manage Identities" tool in the account settings area of the menu. This way my emails are forwarded to me and I can respond and make it look like it comes from my work email rather than my personal email.
    Okay, what am I missing here? fire away.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Muirne

Muirne Active Member

If you don't figure it out or if someone else doesn't help you, I might be able to later tomm. We use groupwise at work and I know the guys have it working on a crackberry as well as a iphone, I'm the next guinea pig since I'm the only one with a android based phone.

3. Swamp Ape

Swamp Ape Member This Topic's Starter

I just set it up on both from home and it was fairly easy. It forwards to my Yahoo. the only catch seems to be that I can't reply directly to the sender because it comes to me as a forward. Muirne if you come up with something that works, let me know.