Why would I be burning up more data now than before I switched from ios to Android?General

1. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Well-Known Member

It may just be my imagination but it sure seems I'm burning quite a bit more data since I switched to Android. As far as I can tell, I have all auto update and backup stuff turned off unless I'm on wifi. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Advertisement
  2. APBTx2

APBTx2 Active Member

Just my guess, but new phone users will complain about battery and data, because they run updates, install apps, and spend a lot of time playing with their new toy.

Under settings, there is a 'data usage'- scroll down and you can see where your data is going. I just got the S4 a week ago and it looks like 90% of my data went to Play (downloading apps) and updating large files like Google Earth. I used 250 MB and Andriod OS and other Android usage is less than 9MB.
  3. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

^^^ I hadnt thought of that, but APBTx2 may be correct.
    Another possibility is that you have everything set to sync, all the time. Check Settings > Accounts (might have to also tap on the account name to get to the underlying settings); you may be surprised how many things are enabled with a short refresh. For example, do you really need Google, Facebook, and some 3rd-party app to sync everything, every couple of hours? Google in particular has many things that can be set to synchronize, and none of that exists in iOS.