??? why

Last Updated:

1. spasm

spasm Member This Topic's Starter

i luv this tablet and was sooo excited to going to get one tommorow, but ive just discovered theres no earpiece for making calls, so this means loudspeaker or headphones or bluetooth headset. rediculous now i dont want one im gutted. i mean who wants to wear headphones all day, and wot about night time when u get a call in bed. wot about privacy ?????? :-( so choked

Advertisement
  2. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Isn't that what a phone is for?

3. spasm

spasm Member This Topic's Starter

yeah it is but i wanted to lose the galaxy s and just have this tablet instead. but it surely would have made sense to have an earpiece ??

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I assume that you're talking about the Galaxy tab...

Personally it seems reasonable to me... phones are for making phone calls and tablets are for performing more computer like functions. Now granted these lines are quickly blurring but I'm not sure I'd ever want to hold a 7-inch tablet to my ear to make a phone call.

5. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

I also wish the US Tab had voice...

I rarely make phone calls and when I do I mainly use my home phone... The few times a month I make calls when out and about, it would be nice to use the Tab via BT for voice calls...

I am sure there will be some sort of solution for the Tab using VOIP or GV in the future...

6. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

The is actually a solution that works now but takes a bit of convoluted setup to use GVoice and a SIP VOIP account to allow you make calls over WiFi or 3G Data only connection... I setup on my Dev phone with no voice service by loosely folling the link;

Free SIP Calling with Google Voice (sans Gizmo5) | Hijinks Inc.

and using a $10/month Vonage Soft/SIP phone number.... works pretty well especially as a second number but as long as you always have Wifi or 3G I suppose it would be fine as a Primary Cell replacement

raqball likes this.