wi fi access

Last Updated:

1. dazzman64

dazzman64 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Brought a Desire Saturday and i am well impressed.However i have a issue.When i try to use my home internet on the phone i can log in via the password and ssid to access my home internet,but keep getting a message on the phone saying "out of range" and the wireless light on my router flashes.This happens even when i,m sitting right next to my PC.The funny thing is tho is that i can acces all my e-mails no problem but cannot get internet connection. Security settings (Wpsa/Wep) on my router perhaps?Any help gladly apreciated.:)

Advertisement
  2. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

Well all I can say is that I use my home internet wireless connections all the time and receive emails + I can browse as normal. I would have thought if you can receive your emails you must be connected to the internet does the Wifi Scanner pick up your make of router

3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

What router?

4. dazzman64

dazzman64 New Member This Topic's Starter

yeah it knows its there because the router (Belkin) flashes,but keeps coming up on the phone as out of range.

5. miasma

miasma Member

My Desire has worked absolutely fine on the four or five different routers I've tried.

It is worth noting that belkin gear I've used has been, almost without exception, so rubbish as to be unusable, not to mention eye-wateringly overpriced; I steer clear of it on principle.

6. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

My wireless router is a Buffalo WBMR-G54 had it around 18 months now and never any problems

7. TEK-WARRIOR

TEK-WARRIOR Member

My router is the BUFFALLO WHR-G125 " AIR STATION".
    No problems with browsing or emails, used my router with various handsets, router very easy to set up and once the security has been set its solid as a rock no unwanted internet access pilferers can get through :)