Wi-Fi Advanced Settings plus other questions from new user

Last Updated:

1. ditkent

ditkent Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 12, 2010
    Hi everyone I just got my new htc desire today and really like it so far, being pretty new to smart phones myself I have a few questions to ask and clear up.

1) I've set this up and it seems to work, but I would just like to know what the advanced settings are for? I turned off the phone before and turned it back on and my wifi settings werent there and I had to re enter everything again is there anyway to ensure they are always saved? is it because my ESSID broadcast is disabled?

2)Is there anyway to make it so that whenever I am in range of my router, the phone can automatically connect to this?

any help would be much appreciated.
    thank you

2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I think the easiest thing you could do is to enable broadcast and let the phone detect the network and set it up that way and disable it again after. Your phone should automatically connect whenever you are in range as long as wifi is switched on on your phone.
    ditkent likes this.
  3. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I would say you need your ssid to be enabled so that when the phone scans for a wifi signal it will find it and then connect automatically.

Thats what mine does and it also saves whatever wifi point you connect to automatically.

I think the advanced settings are for when you wish to enter your wifi settings manually.
    ditkent likes this.