• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-fi and 3g radios shutting off but themselves

mokLA40

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
Had this phone now for about 48 hrs and found that the wi-fi and 3g data radios are shutting off by themselves. Have set wi-fi sleep policy to "never" and turned off all data and battery management features, enabled background data and sync (as in all andriod phones) and doesn't make a diff. Only way to fix it is to turn the wi-fi on and off. In another bad sign, the largest use of my batter is "cell standby" like in the early versions of the Andriod OS- even tried the old "airplane mode" trick and that didn't fix it either.

Seems like Motos' got some bugs to fix here. :cool:

I think you got a bad phone, I would take it back for a new one. I have had two of these since Oct and only problem was with DC stopping after roam and that may have been fixed part way with a PRL update. After 13 hours my battery is still 77%, best of 5 android phones on battery for me.

Upvote 0
I think you got a bad phone, I would take it back for a new one. I have had two of these since Oct and only problem was with DC stopping after roam and that may have been fixed part way with a PRL update. After 13 hours my battery is still 77%, best of 5 android phones on battery for me.
I Agree with catpowrd I have had a few Android phones and this is the best one yet I even run live wallpaper. I also get my exchange mail on my phone all day long and no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones