Wi-Fi & Battery Problems with the 4GSupport

Last Updated:

1. kennethpm

kennethpm Active Member This Topic's Starter

I started out the day before yesterday with such high hopes for this
    phone....

I was amazed by the feel, the high-speed wireless broadband, but then I started having inexplicable drops in battery from 95% to 35% in just a few hours with no use, just sitting around :(

Then, this morning i started trying to get the wi-fi to work, and it will connect but drops the connection on and off, repeatedly. When i go to the web browser its said "Connection Failed, Need Network connection". So, it's not even getting the HSPA+ NOR the wi-fi connection. Then it connects briefly to my wifi, but then drops again...

I did get one firmware update yesterday. This update seemed to make things worse.

Any thoughts? Is this just one phone with possibly a bad antenna? Anyone else having the same problems?

I'm going to head to the T-Mobile store today.

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

if you feel its the update that is causing the issue try doing a factory reset and not accepting the update. See if that helps.

kennethpm likes this.
  3. kennethpm

kennethpm Active Member This Topic's Starter

i think i should turn off some settings (not just Task Killer) when i am not using the phone......and there are inbred applications that will just not close. wi-fi seems to have improved. any ideas?

4. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Have you considered the temp root? I know i can go a good day with a solid battery without charging. Tested it out yesterday.

Yesterday i played 18 holes of golf, made about 15 text messages, and 2-3 hours of radio while on wifi. Phone was unplugged at 8am and plugged back in at 12am. Still had about 15% left.

I dont even use the task killer. I use the one that comes with ASTRO file manager. I feel that works best.