Wi-Fi Calling?Support

Last Updated:

1. accphotography

accphotography New Member This Topic's Starter

This may seem like a really dumb question but I have been told several different things by several different people who should know.

Does the Vibrant connect to a Wi-Fi and use it for data and calling? I have a Blackberry Curve at present and I have no reception inside my house. I connect my Curve to my Wi-Fi network and can do all data things and talk with zero dropped calls. I'm hoping to be able to do this with the Vibrant. If I can't I will have to consider another phone (I can't live with no reception in my house). I don't care if I can tether from it, I just need ot be able to use the Wi-Fi for data and calls on the handset.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. ETNSC

ETNSC Member

WiFi calling should be in the 2.2 update for the Vibrant which is supposed to come out by the end of the year. The leaked 2.2 ROM if the Vibrant that the guys at XDA have been working with had WiFi calling. It is a little different from what you are used to with UMA on the BB. UMA is automatic when you get in range of a configured access point. If I understand correctly you have to start an app to start WiFi calling.

3. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

thats correct you have to start it but it has it the official vibrant froyo will have it and there is a flashible update to make a custum froyo get the availible wifi calling