1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Wi-fi connection chnages for no apparent reasonSupport

1. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

1) My Tab seems to default now and again to one of two different BT Fon connections despite my connection to my home BT connection and despite each of the offending connections being changed by me to "forget".

Any thoughts on this?
    and
    2) In Contacts is it possible to add another group over and above those that are already there, such as "holidays"

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yes, you can add customized groups to existing contacts. The menus in there are a bit different from Froyo to Gingerbread to Honeycomb to ICS, etc, but it's a matter of finding the "other" and then using the drop down menu to "custom" then enter the name you want in the provided text field.

The wifi issue may be for the reason that even though you're disallowing "remembering" of the rogue connections, they remain in your wifi app's cache. Clear the cache and data in application manager, then reboot. Then set up wifi to the connection you want and disallow notifications of scanned hot spots. ;)
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

As for BT Fon, have you tried configuring the BT Fon app not to connect automatically?

You must have installed the BT Fon app if this is happening.