• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-fi connection chnages for no apparent reason

wunay

Android Enthusiast
Jan 18, 2011
Staffordshire, UK
1) My Tab seems to default now and again to one of two different BT Fon connections despite my connection to my home BT connection and despite each of the offending connections being changed by me to "forget".

Any thoughts on this?
and
2) In Contacts is it possible to add another group over and above those that are already there, such as "holidays"

1) My Tab seems to default now and again to one of two different BT Fon connections despite my connection to my home BT connection and despite each of the offending connections being changed by me to "forget".

Any thoughts on this?
and
2) In Contacts is it possible to add another group over and above those that are already there, such as "holidays"

Yes, you can add customized groups to existing contacts. The menus in there are a bit different from Froyo to Gingerbread to Honeycomb to ICS, etc, but it's a matter of finding the "other" and then using the drop down menu to "custom" then enter the name you want in the provided text field.

The wifi issue may be for the reason that even though you're disallowing "remembering" of the rogue connections, they remain in your wifi app's cache. Clear the cache and data in application manager, then reboot. Then set up wifi to the connection you want and disallow notifications of scanned hot spots. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones