• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wi-fi connection issues

lazlow

Lurker
Jul 24, 2014
Hi so all of a sudden, my HTC One M7 won't connect to my home wi-fi network. It's not even giving me the list of networks around me (I live in a city neighborhood and it usually picks up a bunch of other networks).

When I scan for networks, it comes up with nothing. My computer connects fine though.

I've tried re-setting my router and turning the phone wi-fi on and off, with no success. It's been a couple days now. I even called HTC and they had nothing to say.

Is there a solution I'm missing?

Thanks.

I had an HTC Evo Design whose wifi just decided to quit as well. I was within the warranty so I just went down and got it replaced.

You could try reformatting the cache partition. My wife's phone started not connecting to the cell signal (wifi still worked in our case), and I did a cache partition wipe via the recovery menu and the connectivity issue went away. Can't hurt by trying. May as well try that first before getting a new phone (if that's even an option).

Upvote 0
Hi so all of a sudden, my HTC One M7 won't connect to my home wi-fi network. It's not even giving me the list of networks around me (I live in a city neighborhood and it usually picks up a bunch of other networks).

When I scan for networks, it comes up with nothing. My computer connects fine though.

I've tried re-setting my router and turning the phone wi-fi on and off, with no success. It's been a couple days now. I even called HTC and they had nothing to say.

Is there a solution I'm missing?

Thanks.

Hi lazlow, welcome to Android Forums. :hello:

The two suggestions already given are a good start, one of which will hopefully clear the problem.

The easiest to do is probably to reboot the device :-

With the phone powered up, press and hold the power button until Phone options appears and tap Restart. The phone will reboot.

To perform a 'wipe cache partition' follow the procedure here :-

Wipe Cache Partition

Before booting into Recovery, ensure that fast boot has been turned off:

1. Tap Menu

2. Tap Settings

3. Tap Power

4. Uncheck the box for Fast boot.

Once fast boot has been turned off, reboot into Recovery to wipe cache partition:

1. Power off the device
2. While holding down the Volume Down button, press the Power button. The device will boot into the bootloader which is a white screen with 3 Androids at the bottom screen.
3. Using the Volume Down button, select RECOVERY
4. Press the Power button to select the option. Device will reboot into a black screen with a red exclamation mark in a red triangle atop a device.
5. Press Volume Up and Power button to get into the Recovery menu.
6. Using Volume Down button, highlight the Wipe cache partition option.

NOTE: Be sure that Wipe cache partition is highlighted. Do not choose Wipe data/factory reset as this will result in loss of data!

7. Press the Power button to select the option
8. When the process, is complete, ensure that Reboot system now option is highlighted.
9. Press the Power button to select the option and reboot the device into the OS.

Hope this helps.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones