Wi Fi huawei AscendSupport

1. Jagon

Jagon Member

I have the huawei ascend and every time I try connecting to my wi-fi I get this message "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK" but the phone connects to the wi fi at a friends house.... How do I fix this? Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I'll move this to the Ascend sub-forum to see if other owners can help.
    kevinrubio likes this.
  3. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

your wifi is secured with a password. reboot and scan for wifi's and connect yours with a password
  4. Jagon

Jagon Member

I already typed my password in, it just doesn't connect :(
  5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

tap you wifi name and tap forget, than restart the phone and try connecting again, also you may need to restart your router, btw what router do you have?
  6. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

yes what nuttmeg said!
  7. Jagon

Jagon Member

CISCO Linksys.
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

do you have mac filtering enabled too? if so you need to add your phones mac address.

if that doesn't work disable encryption and mac filtering and see if it connects then and if it does then re-enable security and setup your phone for it n see if it connects.
  9. Jagon

Jagon Member

How do I get the MAC address?
  10. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Menu button.... settings... about phone... status... third from bottom.
  11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Hey, Toke, long time no see! Glad to see you back!
  12. Jagon

Jagon Member

Didn't work :'( any other suggestions?
  13. nuttmeg

check the website for you router and see if it has a firmware update, but first check your channel in your router settings and see if its set to auto channel or channel 11.
  14. Jagon

Jagon Member

How do I do that? Lmao..
  15. nuttmeg

give me the router info cisco linksys e1000 or what?;)
  16. Jagon

Jagon Member

LINKSYS Cisco WRT120N
  17. nuttmeg

so what is happening when you try connecting your phone to it? and who is your carrier?
  18. Jagon

Jagon Member

Metro PCS is the carrier, the problem is when I try connecting to my wi-fi it tells me that the connection was disconnected, and I only get this in my house, at my friends house, I got the password and it connected instantly.
  19. Jagon

Jagon Member

And this might help, but where it says "Wi-Fi" right below there it says "disconnected" and on my network name it says "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK"
  20. nuttmeg

Try to adjust the wireless settings on the router and check...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

Click on the Wireless tab,Change the SSID(network name) to some unique name,Change the Wide Channel to 40MHz only,Wide Channel to 9 and Standard Channel to 11-2.462GHz.Click on save settings.Under the subtab wireless security check the security key.

Now,try to connect your phone again.
  21. cheesecakenum1

cheesecakenum1 New Member

My phone is doing the same thing and i have a router from at&t and my parent's phone and sister's connecte but mine can't
  22. DMajor239

DMajor239 Well-Known Member

Reset your router.
  23. gamomoftwo

gamomoftwo Well-Known Member

I had the same problem when I first rooted the phone. What I found out was that the name of the phone changed when I rooted it. On my WIFI I have a secure list of what can connect to the WIFI even if they have the password and since my phone had a different name, it could never connect. I had to open my WIFI and let "anything" connect and then saved the new name to the WIFI router software and I could connect again. Took me like a week to notice it, was very annoying before I figured this out.

Check your WIFI to see if it has that type of security and make sure your phone's name is on that list.
    KOLIO likes this.