Wi Fi issues

Last Updated:

1. Lawz

Lawz Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, having some problems with getting the phone to connect to my home wifi.

First question, if wifi is simply turned on in the options, should the wifi symbol be displayed on the notification pane? because mine isnt.

Second, it can find my home wireless (netgear router), and when the password is popped in (triple checked) it 'remembers' it, but the window wi fi says 'disconnected' and clicking the network and 'connect' does nothing.

Checked router settings, there should be nothing stopping the phone connecting.

On a side note, is data roaming relevant while im in the uk?

Im also having trouble getting the weather widget to work properly. Deleting the default locations and putting in a city still doesnt make it work.

Anyone able to help? Is it possible I have a fault?

Thanks, Lawz

Advertisement
  2. elou75

elou75 Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem. My router is the Orange live box? Can anyone offer us any advice? Thanks Emma

3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

elou75, you need to press button 1 or 2 on the back of the live box. The LED will flash, then you'll pair the 2 when you ask to connect. Paired mine to my live box first time.

Lawz, make sure your passcode is entered EXACTLY as shown in your admin panel. They are case sensitive, so a1b2 isnt the same as A1B2. also make sure you have the correct encryption type, and if MAC filtering is on, that the desire's MAC address has been whitelisted on your router.

elou75 likes this.
  4. Lawz

Lawz Member This Topic's Starter

2 hours ago, while trying to sort this out, I asked the innocent question of, 'is MAC filtering turned on'. I was told no.

Balls

Problem fixed :p

5. elou75

elou75 Well-Known Member

Thanks nx1977 that fixed it. Em. X