• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wi Fi issues

D

Deleted User

Hey guys, having some problems with getting the phone to connect to my home wifi.

First question, if wifi is simply turned on in the options, should the wifi symbol be displayed on the notification pane? because mine isnt.

Second, it can find my home wireless (netgear router), and when the password is popped in (triple checked) it 'remembers' it, but the window wi fi says 'disconnected' and clicking the network and 'connect' does nothing.

Checked router settings, there should be nothing stopping the phone connecting.

On a side note, is data roaming relevant while im in the uk?

Im also having trouble getting the weather widget to work properly. Deleting the default locations and putting in a city still doesnt make it work.

Anyone able to help? Is it possible I have a fault?

Thanks, Lawz

elou75, you need to press button 1 or 2 on the back of the live box. The LED will flash, then you'll pair the 2 when you ask to connect. Paired mine to my live box first time.

Lawz, make sure your passcode is entered EXACTLY as shown in your admin panel. They are case sensitive, so a1b2 isnt the same as A1B2. also make sure you have the correct encryption type, and if MAC filtering is on, that the desire's MAC address has been whitelisted on your router.

Reactions: elou75
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones