• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-Fi Issues

jscott96

Feb 25, 2010
NY
Has anyone been having problems with their Wi-Fi dropping out? I find that mine is consistently dropping out. My bars are blue and it's only my phone having problems.

When I am on the phones data connection I have no issues.

I am new to the Nexus as of about 2-3 weeks back. Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix it? :thinking:

Has anyone been having problems with their Wi-Fi dropping out? I find that mine is consistently dropping out. My bars are blue and it's only my phone having problems.

I am new to the Nexus as of about 2-3 weeks back. Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix it? :thinking:

Be interesting to know which Nexus you have (CDMA or GSM) -- the two are very different phones. I've had no problems with my WiFi on my GSM phone, though I know a lot of CDMA Nexus owners complain about WiFI and other antenna issues.

Upvote 0

Are you on JB 4.1.x? I am and ever since flashing it (both stock and custom ROMs) I have WiFi dropouts but no such problem with 3G connections, i.e. when I am at home I always have WiFi on. During the night the connection drops and in the morning I have to toggle WiFi off/on or airplane mode to fire it up again. There is nothing wrong with the hardware, as I have the same problem with other devices in my home, all of which are on JB 4.1.x. On ICS I never encountered this. That's the only and biggest nuisance I have since upgrading to JB 4.1.1. and 4.1.2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones