• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wi-fi keeps turning off

MGO2

Lurker
May 23, 2015
Hi,

I've had my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition for more than 1 year and until a couple of days ago I had no problems. Then suddenly one day I was unable to connect to my home wi-fi.

I tried resetting the router and powered off the tablet, still no success. Then today I put more effort into it and discovered that the wi-fi keeps turning on and off. It turns on, scans for wi-fi networks for 3 seconds and then disconnects.

I googled for a solution but got lost in all sorts of suggestions that didn't seem to solve the problem (they were more phone oriented).

If anyone had similar problems and has a working solution, please share. Your help would be much appreciated :)

Android Version: 4.2.2

Thanks!

Hi,

Mine has done exactly the same. I've had my Note 10.1 2014 edition since it first came out over 2 years ago and I've never had any issues.

Since yesterday morning, my WiFi cannot turn on. I flick the slider to turn it on, it moves across into the on position but stays grey and does not turn green. To the right where your WiFi network options usually appear, it just says 'WiFi is turning on...'

I've factory reset the device twice. The wifi then worked briefly for about half hour the first time but it then switched off and it would not turn on to scan for networks. The second time, when the device is initially booting up and it asks to select a WiFi connection, it cannot scan due to the WiFi being off and unable to switch on.

I did update to Lollipop a few weeks ago... is there a fault with this update that has caused this?

EDIT: I've removed my Micro SD card as that had stopped working too. I realised that my WiFi connection dropped after the 1st reset because I'd re-inserted my Micro SD card, and it did not turn on after the 2nd reset because I had the Micro SD card still inserted. I've removed the Micro SD card following a 3rd reset and all seems to be working at the moment.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones