Wi-Fi preferences questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Say in you're in range of two remembered Wi-Fi networks at once, is there a way to give one network preference or something? Basically this is the scenario:

You have work_wifi1 and work_wifi2 remembered on your X. You have better signal to work_wifi2 at your desk, but when you walk around the office you go out of range of work_wifi2 and the X connects to work_wifi1. Then when you get back to your desk the X just stays connected to work_wifi1.. Is there an application or preference setting that can be used to manage this?

Advertisement
  2. jdk33

I did some googling and found a page saying that it'll automatically prefer the last wifi network you added.. Anyone know if that's true?

3. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

I just read in another post (thanks lexluthor)
    try this app, Y5-Battery Saver. it remembers all your wifi locations you've been too. i just installed so i have no real tests. but it did remember my home wifi. it aso is supposed to shut off wifi when not in range and turn on when you are automatically.

jdk33 likes this.
  4. jdk33

Thanks, I'll give that a shot and see if it works!

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I would have posted about Y5 here and was ready to when I read the subject, but then when I read the post, I didn't think it's what the OP was looking for.

Been using Y5 for a while now and it's been pretty good. There are times when it doesn't recognize I've entered/left a remembered wifi area or if I'm down the block or something, it tries to keep wifi on. I notice at work, it says it has 2 or 3 cell towers remembered, but at home, it's got like 12, so it's probably a pretty good distance before it thinks I'm out of range.

bobomatic likes this.
  6. jdk33

I set up tasker to do it.. It's kind of ghetto but it works.