• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wi-fi problem, new to wi-fi/android

mikriii

Lurker
Feb 1, 2012
Greetings everyone,
I'm new to wi-fi and android stuff, so please if someone can help me with my problem. My phone shows that I am connected to my wireless connection, but I can't acces the internet. I've read some posts on other forums but I didn't find what I need.
I'm using Belkin wireless G router ver 7004yy, and the phone is HTC Sensation
Please help me this is so frustrating :thinking:

Although you've probably checked already, I would make sure that you're entering the correct password-key for your wireless network. If you're convinced that you have the correct info, I would attempt to log into a different network to see if that clears up the issue.

I'm not using password at all, and I can connect to other wi-fi connections without any problems. I think the solution for this problem is something about static IP and DST, but I just don't know how to do that, I'm kinda new into this...

Upvote 0
Have you tried setting up a password and then connecting to it? Have you restarted the phone? Have you tried the phone on other routers?

Yes, everything of that. Internet is working on public hotspots, and at other wi-fi connections. And I tryed setting the password, then without it, and also I tryed restarting phone and router but it's the same, wi-fi connected and good signal, but no acces to internet

Upvote 0
I have seen this exact problem in other posts and never really seen an answer given. First I do not see how the phone can tell you that your have service (the wifi bars in notification bar) if you are truly not connected to a network.

OP states that the phone works on public WiFi access but not at home with his specific router.

In WiFi settings there is an "advanced" toggle that lets one assign a static ip and a specific port. Not sure how to do that and it seems confusing.

Only problem I have had with WiFi was when I decided to see if I could use the wireless tether app on my droid 2 and pick it up on my droid charge. Something happened and it totally screwed up my droid charge so that I could not even connect to my home router. I ended up deleting the droid 2 hot spot from the Charge and then making the Charge Forget my home connection. Then I had the Charge search and started over. It still would not connect.

I kept wondering why the connection icon in settings had a lock on the icon. Somehow by accident, I scrolled the setup box and the entry for the router password showed up. I typed in the password and it started working.

Since OP says it shows connection bars, I wonder if he has a static ip already set up and a port assigned, but the router does not allow comms through that port. Just a wild guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones