Wi-Fi Problem

1. yonutz1

yonutz1 New Member

I have an AlcatelOT 991 android phone. I am using Connectify and an USB MODEM so I can have wifi in my house without using a router. After i turn on the wifi on my android it detects the network but after some seconds it says not in range, everytime i restart the hotspot still the same problem. I tried factory reset, i tried to forget network, i tried to use mHotspot. i dont know what to do more, help me pls.
    EDIT: it detects the wifi, then drops, then no signal, then reconnects, then not in range.. and so on(all this happens in some seconds)

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Could be because Connectify is only supporting Ad-Hoc mode WiFi and not Infrastructure mode. There are a few phones and devices that can't connect and/or have difficulty with Ad-Hoc mode.

Infrasctructure mode is normally what a real WiFi router provides.
    Ad-Hoc mode is usually created on a PC using software like Connectify, to share a single internet connection with other WiFi devices.
  3. mylajhing15

mylajhing15 New Member

i have anycall samsung s made in korea ithe problem is in write message i can txt only 80 bytes i like to txt in 160 bytes what will i do?