Wi-Fi Problem

Last Updated: 2013-01-03 11:02:34
  1. yonutz1

yonutz1 New Member

I have an AlcatelOT 991 android phone. I am using Connectify and an USB MODEM so I can have wifi in my house without using a router. After i turn on the wifi on my android it detects the network but after some seconds it says not in range, everytime i restart the hotspot still the same problem. I tried factory reset, i tried to forget network, i tried to use mHotspot. i dont know what to do more, help me pls.
    EDIT: it detects the wifi, then drops, then no signal, then reconnects, then not in range.. and so on(all this happens in some seconds)

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Could be because Connectify is only supporting Ad-Hoc mode WiFi and not Infrastructure mode. There are a few phones and devices that can't connect and/or have difficulty with Ad-Hoc mode.

Infrasctructure mode is normally what a real WiFi router provides.
    Ad-Hoc mode is usually created on a PC using software like Connectify, to share a single internet connection with other WiFi devices.
  3. mylajhing15

mylajhing15 New Member

i have anycall samsung s made in korea ithe problem is in write message i can txt only 80 bytes i like to txt in 160 bytes what will i do?