Wi-Fi Randomly Disconnects And Won't Automatically ReconnectSupport

Last Updated:

1. skdyer

skdyer Active Member This Topic's Starter

My Nexus One exhibits a very strange and annoying behavior at home. It will sporadically disconnect from my home Wi-Fi and will not automatically reconnect. However, if I go into the settings and choose to manually reconnect it will do it 100% of the time. I have the settings on the Nexus One set to never put the wi-fi to sleep so there is no reason that it should be disconnecting. Has anyone else had an issue like this? Anyone have any advice on solving this problem? I am using a fairly old linksys router WRT54G but I have never had any problems maintaining connections with any of my other devices including laptops, Wii's and iphones so it seems like it must be an issue with the Nexus One. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. droiddecar

droiddecar Active Member

I am having a similar problem, although it is a bit sporadic. I am using a Linksys WRT54GL router I purchased last year. I never have any problems with any other wireless devices connecting to the router. I got my Nexus One a few days ago. It's the one for use on AT&T.

How long have you had your N1 and is it for AT&T or T-Mobile?

I'm still monitoring the wifi problem and will post back if I find a fix or other useful information.

3. skdyer

skdyer Active Member This Topic's Starter

It sounds like we are in a very similar situation. I got my Nexus One about 2-3 weeks ago. It is the At&t version. I have emailed google tech support about this and they have indicated that they are well aware of this problem and are working diligently to resolve. Doesn't really help us in the meantime. I agree that the behavior is sporadic. Unfortunately the frequency of the phone disconnecting from the router seems to have actually increased since I updated to the latest router firmware about a week ago. I'd say the phone rarely stays connected for more than 1-2 hours without disconnecting.

4. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the WiFi fixer app? Worked wonders for me :)